RT 2014 Convention Registration Open!

So after a delay of 2 months beyond the promised opening date, registration is FINALLY open for the RT Booklovers' Convention in New Orleans. We now have seven long months to wait until the convention which runs May 13-18th.

We have a partial agenda up, and as usual for me, the Reader track is...not very interesting. I'm a bit of a serious soul. I don't mind silly games and raunchy Pictionary. I really don't. But I want some serious book discussions, too, and that is sadly missing so far from the Reader track at RT14. Which means that, as usual, I'm going to be sitting in on author workshops even though I'm not an author.

For RT newbies, it's important to keep in mind that this is a convention and not a conference. It's great for networking and there are quite a few professional development options for authors, but this is primarily a social event geared towards celebrating our love of the romance and mystery genres. Readers get to have unfettered access to authors on mostly equal grounds. Most of the fun will be found outside the workshops in the hallways and restaurants chatting with new friends and old.

I for one am ridiculously excited to be able to finally visit New Orleans. I've never been. And I'm hoping to meet in Real Life those Twitter friends I've made over the last 4 years--and reconnecting with those I've met before. I missed RT this year, but I'm definitely going to RT14 in NOLA. I hope to see many of you there!